Posted on Facebook after the ash dive, celebrating my son, John Rogers, and his life:

Photo by Raymond Adams

When a baby is born, a mother has to let him go, after listening to one another's heartbeats for all those months. When a son grows up, a mother lets him go again, as he enters the world to become his own man. One thing a mother never expects is to have to let him go when he dies. I've done all those things, and I'm not the only one. However, today, I was able to set him free with the help of his wonderful friends, and I was able to experience a little of the joy he knew when he flew through the air with them. Thanks to all of you -- there are too many to mention -- family, friends from all parts of his life. You made it hurt little less. June 23rd 2012

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Missing Mustang Sally

How My Stepmom Came to Live with Us

Don’t Like This Blog