Social Media Childhood Book Challenge -- Bambi

It started with a challenge on Facebook to come up with ten books that had influenced me as a child. Maybe I wasn't supposed to comment on them, but my challenger ("JT") did, so I did. It was so much fun that when JT challenged me to another 10, I was all for it. By then, I had a system. I compiled a list of more book titles than I needed and each day, I had a post ready, which I had composed the day before. It all went by so fast that I was sad when it ended. I don't remember if a day or more passed, but soon enough I decided to post a daily microblog (still on Facebook) about a favorite tune. Some were from my youth, and some were not.

However, social media is limited. I can post a photo of a book cover or a link to a tune, but if I post a photo or a second link, things get muddled and un-creative. So I decided to move all those posts to my blog site. If you aren't a social media person or have abandoned Facebook in particular, perhaps this will allow you to catch up. At least it will give me some material for my long neglected blog. So here is the first book post:

I was challenged by @JT Scott to share my favorite books from my childhood. This will be tough. Number 1/10 is a book my mother used to read to me so much, I memorized the words, eventually figuring out this sound is that word. Between this book and the movie I had a fit when my dad came home from a business/hunting trip with dead pheasants and proceeded to dress them in the basement.

That was the post from Day 1; I was just getting a feel for the posts, so I didn't say much. But I loved everything about Bambi, from the Big Golden Book, to the Walt Disney movie and subsequent Disney book. When I was an adult, I streamed songs from Bambi, especially "April Showers," which is an excellent example of the creativity of the old Disney Studios. This "Bambi experience" made me a bunny-hugger, if you will. There were many more favorite books about animals, from Big Red to Watership Down, but Bambi was the first.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Missing Mustang Sally

How My Stepmom Came to Live with Us

Don’t Like This Blog